Friday 27 July 2012

Princess Doll Cake

This is not my first attempt at making a doll cake but this is definitely the first time I am dressing the doll in fondant.I made my first doll cake in 2006, my final year in the university.The doll/cake was dressed in royal icing from my room in the hostel and transported from Benin city to Portharcourt for my little niece's first birthday. I made that memorable trip with my favorite cousin ,Ugo.

As much as I enjoyed making and looking at my first doll cake,I can not deny that covering the doll in fondant makes her come out more beautiful and sleek.Dressing her up felt more like dressing a kid.You would want the hands in the air so they do not interfere.Also tie up the hair so they do not get in your way.



The doll's dress is a vanilla sponge cake, baked in a Wilton doll pan and she is standing on a 12 inch double layer of vanilla and chocolate cake.

Her dress is hemmed with edible pearls like the ones that outline her bust,and her bowed sash is made with the same patterned fuchsia pink as her halter neck top.

Her hair ruffle is fondant and she is carrying four candles stuck in fondant,representing the little girl's age.Actually,I wanted her to carry a decorated mini-cupcake but the people at home(I will not mention their names) ate up the cupcakes I kept for that purpose,not knowing why I kept them,so I had to improvise.






My favorite part would be the celebrant's name written on a fondant banner with pink food writer and lined with baby pink edible pearls! I will have to write my name like that some day.


































1 comment:

  1. I love ur blog!!

    Pls keep giving tips and keep writing!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete